If you're a swimmer with natural hair, protecting your hair from chlorine is essential for keeping it healthy and beautiful. Fortunately, there are several ways to protect your hair from pool chemicals!
- Pre-treat Your Hair: Before swimming, apply a generous amount of conditioner to your hair. This helps to create a barrier between your hair and the chlorine, preventing it from penetrating your hair and drying it out.
- Wear a Swim Cap: Wearing a swim cap not only keeps your hair out of the water, but it also helps to protect your hair from the chlorine. Make sure to get one that is made from a material that won't absorb the chemicals.
- Rinse Your Hair Immediately After Swimming: Rinsing your hair with cold water immediately after swimming will help to flush out the chlorine and any other chemicals that may have been absorbed.
- Use a Clarifying Shampoo: After rinsing your hair, use a clarifying shampoo to help remove any remaining chlorine or other chemicals from your hair.
- Use a Deep Conditioner: Once you've removed the chlorine from your hair, use a deep conditioner to nourish and hydrate your hair. This will help keep it healthy and prevent it from drying out.
By following these steps, you can protect your natural hair from chlorine and keep it looking beautiful!